By Stacie LoVan, PDI President
Are you new to the economic development profession in Iowa? Have you been involved in economic development for a few years but just want to make sure you are taking advantage of all the resources available to help you and your community?
If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, then I encourage you to attend“The Partners, the Profession and the Process” (PPP) workshop scheduled for Tuesday, July 15.
PDI recognizes that a key element to growing Iowa’s economy is trained economic developers at the state, regional and community level. The best way to help those new to the profession is to bring together PDI veterans and those new to the profession to discuss economic development in Iowa and the variety of resources that are available to help.
The PPP workshop will provide information on:
- Synchronist - Iowa’s existing industry data program
- LocationOne Information System - Iowa’s communities, buildings and sites database
- Iowa Economic Development Authority’s community and economic development programs
- Resources available from your regional utilities, state agencies, Iowa Farm Bureau, and others
- How to navigate the process from those who have been around economic development in Iowa for many years
- Networking with others who are also new to the field
- And much more!
This year, the PPP workshop will be held from 9:00 am to Noon on Tuesday, July 15, at the Farm Bureau Office in West Des Moines. The workshop is open to anyone involved in economic development, so please help us spread the word. Register online here or call PDI Headquarters for more information.