Mark Reinig, CEcD, PDI President
Mark Reinig, CEcD
- You talked and we listened. Many comments were made on the PDI Spring Event evaluation about tax credits and Tax Increment Financing (TIF) — so much so that we are adding a general session at the Fall Conference. Several of PDI's member experts, Jason Hutcheson, Burlington; Dan Culhane, Ames; and Chad Schreck, Mason City will round out the panel.
- PPP Workshop:
"The Partners, the Profession and the Process" workshop for those new to economic development or new to Iowa is scheduled for Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at the Farm Bureau Office, 5400, University Avenue, West Des Moines, Iowa. An interactive day is planned. You will meet with PDI veterans that will lead discussions, make introductions, and answer questions. The session will conclude by 12:00 noon. There is NO COST to attend. Deadline to register is July 14.Register here >> /wcm/Members/EventDetail?EventKey=PPP17.
- Upcoming Fall Conference in Cedar Rapids — you can see a list of topics, networking opportunities and optional activities on the website. Registration should open early July. More information here >> /events/pdi-fall-conference/
- PDI's Calendar of Events on the website and in the PDI Post newsletter contains information on other organizations’ education/conferences. Visit the PDI Calendar of Events here >> /wcm/Members/Calendar_of_Events.aspx
Two of PDI’s key points in its mission/purpose are to:
- Provide the means for members to informally exchange ideas and development techniques; and
- Afford members the opportunity to enhance their knowledge, expertise, confidence, and professionalism through a varied program of educational activities.
If you have other ideas about education/training that PDI should be doing, please contact me at email@example.com
CEcD, PDI President